DO NOT allow anyone or repair shop to talk you into using Delete DPF Service Kits because they are illegal to use on street vehicles and you could end up costing yourself more $$$ in fines…!
Contrary to what you might think, DPF regeneration is a far different DPF Filter cleaning. During filter regeneration, the filter removes diesel particulate matter from the exhaust gas and burns them off. And because this process usually happens when your vehicle runs above 40 mph, you may consider it as automatic DPF Filter cleaning. But, this is not true. In fact, frequent regeneration may damage your diesel engine over time.
DPF manufacturers highly recommend diesel particulate filter cleaning on regular basis.“Regular” here depends how frequent you use your diesel machine. During normal use, your filter will become saturated which causes frequent regeneration. This eventually can increase fuel consumption and damage to your engine. It should be noted here that Repair of DPF exhaust system is more expensive than DPF Filter cleaning.
Here, at Austin and Son Auto Repair, we use a comprehensive cleaning process with the help of state-of-the-art Diesel Particulate Filter cleaning system. This is to make sure that your DPF will be cleaned properly and will have no damage when returned back to you. Here is a closer look at our equipment DPF Regeneration Oven DPF Blast Cabinet DPF Scoot Scale
1. Pin Depth Test – Serves as our first DPF pre-cleaning process. This is to check if there is any debris or crack on your DPF before we clean it.
2. Vacuum Pressure Test – Besides vacuum test, we also perform the Light Test. A light seen inside your DPF tells us that your unit has a crack and needs to be repaired.
3. Filter Weight Test – This is where we determine how many grams of debris your DPF has. We record the weight for reference purposes.
4. Filter Blasting – Serves as the last part of DPF pre-cleaning process. Here, we place your DPF in our DPF cleaning chamber and carefully blast out all the debris inside.
5. Oven Heating – Your DPF is being baked overnight at 1112 degrees. To clean as many DPF units as possible, we have 4 different ovens for 4 different sizes of DPF: small, medium, large and extra large .
The next day, we repeat the same procedures except that they are done in reverse order. We perform Filter Blasting again to make sure that no debris is left inside your DPF. Doing Filter Weight Test again tells us how many grams of debris we have removed from your DPF. After performing Vacuum Pressure Test for the second time, we do Pin Depth Test once more to make sure your DPF was not damaged during the entire cleaning process.
We provide the best DPF Cleaning Services in the country for most of the top automobile brands available in the market including
We are also offering Ship to us and return services all over the country. We Help Arrange Shipping. For more information, call us at 813-229-1394 and we will be happy to serve you.